No announcement yet.

NDR- Advice needed with BYB neighbor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you recommend an emergency spay? I've read that spay/aborts aren't much pricier than a normal spay. Must be tough living next these neighbors

Comment

I think I would talk to them one last time after i explained the risks of a dog under two and that small to go through a pregnancy. She could die, most likely need a csection, if the puppies do come out ok she may kill or reject them because she is to immature to take care of them. also, the smaller.she is the harder its going to be. after I told them all that I would be done.with them. Literally, they are just trying to push your buttons and are getting a kick out of it.

Comment

I really appreciate everyone's input and honest opinions. I have had some time to "cool off" and really think about this whole thing....Now I am even more t'd off. I refuse to waste another minute trying to fix stupid.
        In thinking about it, they knew better. They have heard me talk about showing, responsible breeding, OFA/health testing, pet over-population, rescue and even heard my rage with my mission to take down a dane byber near us....quite literally. All they had to do was send in a copy of their id, and their dogs would have been fixed for free, at my expense. I even offered to drive them. They have seen me cry my eyes out when I have could not save a special one, they have see me drop everything I was doing in an instant to drive 180 miles to pull a pup from the needle and heard me curse the byber who dumped that pup there. There is no excuse. I just hope when things go miserably wrong, they will learn. I worry even the most tragic thing will not teach them anything. Bottom of the barrel here.

On side note, once my husband is fully recovered we are going to list our home for sale. It is not entirely becasue of them...Mainly I miss my family and friends and want to be closer...We would also like a little more acreage and lot more space between neighbors.

~Jeanne, Jason & Emily(6)-The Humans~
        Milly-Harl GD,
        Tank, Tigra Cougie & Jax-The Cat Crew
        www.valparasiokennelclub.com

Comment

Hopefully they will learn the hard way. I, unfortunately had an aunt do everything I told her not to with regards.to breeding. Sadly it took her bitch almost dying a csection which required her to be spayed and having the only pup die a week. After birth due to poor mothering. Thankfully they did learn there lesson but good grief it never needed to come to all that.your doing the right thing. You can only do so much with some people and they have to learn on their own.

Comment

I would leave it alone unless he asks you to take the dogs away - - and in that case I would type up something to protect yourself
            (do it in advance so you can cover your a$$ completely and keep it in the bottom of a kitchen drawer for easy access)
            - stating that you will place the dogs at your discretion and they agree to this and have no recourse should they change their minds - and get both to sign.

These people are not stupid.
            They CHOOSE not to learn anything you have told them because it is NOT important to them.

The have learned to work the system in everything else. They probably know people who have sold puppies to make money. Let's face it - 2 free dogs, no vet care for either, no vet care for puppies, probably super-cheap food...6 puppies at $50 and they are up by $300.

Pray that they cannot tolerate the blood and behaviors associated with a bitch in season to the point that they acutally do something about it - but my bet is that if puppies result and they manage to sell any - this will be thier next "side-business."
            Last edited by my3bbdanes; 01-14-2012, 09:40 AM.
            sigpicNikol Marsh & Glory, Emma, Tycho & Bronte
            Dantrydane's GloryB Gallantree
            Am/Int CH Perlwin's MBN Original Emma V EIO, RN, TT, CGC, TDI
            Int CH Blue Moon's For Game and Glory, CGC, TDI
            Sasdania's Poetry In Motion, RN, CGC

Comment

Update

The stupid neighbors bitch had 6 puppies a couple days ago. I did not help and have been "unavailable" each time my husband was asked to get me. He tells my husband that there are 3 girls and 3 boys, imagine that. He also said they are all going to family...I can just imgaine
              I am keeping an eye on the papers/ads and if he places an ad, I will promptly place an ad right next to his about carefully choosing a responsible breeder. I will be clever with the ad, but also careful not to slander. I have not said a word to them in the past 2 months...I am just sick. As bad as it is, I was really hoping something would go really wrong and hope that it would teach them a lesson. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Milly-Harl GD,

Comment

Just sickening. idiots!! i wont say anymore as much as i want too

Comment

I would stop all contact with these people. They are trash. Like someone else said, they are working the system and probably have been for years without consequence. What you are telling them is in one ear and out the other.

I'd start my new home search right away. Focus your energy and time on something positive instead losers who work the system. Too bad you don't have any lawyer friends to ask advice

Sorry if I'm not much help, but this is what I'd do in your situation.
                  sigpicAngie- Titan's mom

Comment

The reason you bother is because you care about animals and about doing what's right. When it comes to BYB's, I don't think a "little white lie" hurts. I tell people that Tucker's BYB runs a puppy mill. I tell people that Tucker's mom died because of her irresponsible care. My parent's neighbor have 5 or 6 week old Labs. The bitch is barely over a year, and the male is aggressive. When people go to look at them, I tell them flat out the risks they are taking, the male's personality, and caution them about buying them so young. I'm not physically preventing anyone from buying a dog...just sharing my information, experience, and what I've witnessed which most people appreciate.
                    ~ Erin ~
                    "People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe." - Simon Sinek
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, this is not good news for the puppies, but perhaps a lesson to the neighbor.
                      The neighbor had to take the mom and all 6 pups to Purdue E-Vet last Sunday as the Mom became dehydrated and was very close to exhaustion. Overnight stay and Iv-fluids, and they are home again. I guess it was 700.00 from what my husband tells me. I have to admit, I do feel a bit guilty as I knew these pups would need to be supplemented and I did not tell them. The Mom is very small and very young, plus they feed shit food(ol roy) and probably didn't even increase it to account for nursing.
                      Now the story gets even better as the pups will be "given"(I am thinking more like raffled) to help disabled children that the parents are members of the DAV, a bar(liquor) that "serves" disabled veterans.
                      I guess I am getting older and more mature, as I barely blinked when my husband filled me in on this. Before I would get very upset, say a few choice words and so on...Very sad, but tired of it as well.

Milly-Harl GD,

Comment

In a kinda similar situation, except the person I know is a professional puppy broker and it makes me sick. There's no convincing some people, unfortunately the ONLY way to get through those thick skulls of theirs is a disaster. Even then, sometimes it doesn't get through. Don't feel bad, there's only so much you can do till you are ''enabling'' their actions.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ah, you are a stronger person than I. I am afraid I would have wussed out and offered help after the e-vet episode.

Comment

Well at least you know your neighbors aren't total a holes, they vetted a sick dog and her pups when it would have been very easy to just let them die or dump them.
                            I wouldn't worry about them or the pups anymore apparently these people do care to a point and when help isn't free they are willing to pay.
                            I have to assume a ethical vet would have pushed for a spay.

Comment

Working...
                            X