Just a rant.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Davis View Post
    been flamed so often i should wear virtual nomex. i could rant about a scathin' pm i got from a clueless mod (not deb) on the then new, dol fb group for the "tone" a my comments to a first time poster who couldn't afford to vet a sick dog, askin' first for an internet diagnosis (plenty a that) then for a rescue to foot the vet bill (dog was vetted twenty-four hours too late. dog had been poisoned. dog died.) my "insensitive" comment suggestin' the dog be immediately surrendered to rescue was removed while the op's explicit f**k you comment to me was left up (claimed an oversight after entire post was later removed amid an outpourin' a sympathy) second incident that week. the first an ex "show breeder" and minion rationalizin' higher prices for show quality exotic color pups where name callin' was involved an allowed to stand.(minion days later deleted offensive posts) banned from daneyard (pagemaster posted she wanted to slap me) an numerous other groups, many i was never a member of, for my "tone," includin' the all color group whose mod (good at name callin', not so good on facts) i went post for post with on another group until he retreated, posted an edited copy n paste, not my original post, then allowed, encouraged personal threats on their group page. two hundred plus "how dare you" pm's i recieved that week alone, my offer still stands, public discussion or back alley, their choice. i wrote a few posts on my fb homepage, one diatribe included a short list of blatant byb's pretendin' to be reputable, which jp shared on her group page, the source of the edited post to the all color group (fb got so many complaints, my homepage was locked an posts randomly deleted for months) i tried helpin' keep the dol fb page free of breeder postin's an such. my presence became a disruptive draw for the byb's so i quit posting. did i just kick a hornets nest? before any torches get lit maybe ya could ride along on the next forced surrender. five already this year. call me socially inept, question my sanity, but my dedication as an advocate for the dogs stands on it's own. paul understood, you can only educate the willing. if you are unwillin' to learn no one can help you, if you are determined to learn no one can stop you.

sam
    Sam you are so right.. and some people just plain do not want to listen, learn or be educated... Some people even when they know better still refuse to do better...I will always be an advocate for the responsible breeders and the responsible owners and will continue to those who are not responsible either in breeding practices or in ownership practices. .Dogs , regardless of breed/mix, are living breathing beings, they need care, shelter, training and they are a responsibility.
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

been flamed so often i should wear virtual nomex. i could rant about a scathin' pm i got from a clueless mod (not deb) on the then new, dol fb group for the "tone" a my comments to a first time poster who couldn't afford to vet a sick dog, askin' first for an internet diagnosis (plenty a that) then for a rescue to foot the vet bill (dog was vetted twenty-four hours too late. dog had been poisoned. dog died.) my "insensitive" comment suggestin' the dog be immediately surrendered to rescue was removed while the op's explicit f**k you comment to me was left up (claimed an oversight after entire post was later removed amid an outpourin' a sympathy) second incident that week. the first an ex "show breeder" and minion rationalizin' higher prices for show quality exotic color pups where name callin' was involved an allowed to stand.(minion days later deleted offensive posts) banned from daneyard (pagemaster posted she wanted to slap me) an numerous other groups, many i was never a member of, for my "tone," includin' the all color group whose mod (good at name callin', not so good on facts) i went post for post with on another group until he retreated, posted an edited copy n paste, not my original post, then allowed, encouraged personal threats on their group page. two hundred plus "how dare you" pm's i recieved that week alone, my offer still stands, public discussion or back alley, their choice. i wrote a few posts on my fb homepage, one diatribe included a short list of blatant byb's pretendin' to be reputable, which jp shared on her group page, the source of the edited post to the all color group (fb got so many complaints, my homepage was locked an posts randomly deleted for months) i tried helpin' keep the dol fb page free of breeder postin's an such. my presence became a disruptive draw for the byb's so i quit posting. did i just kick a hornets nest? before any torches get lit maybe ya could ride along on the next forced surrender. five already this year. call me socially inept, question my sanity, but my dedication as an advocate for the dogs stands on it's own. paul understood, you can only educate the willing. if you are unwillin' to learn no one can help you, if you are determined to learn no one can stop you.

sam
      Wow Sam I just read your post again very carefully. I have never done dol facebook before . Maybe I should . I don' t do face book because when I did it was always just a bunch of immature kids hell bent on smearing somebody else's lives or that of their parents. That's why I have always stuck with the dol forum. If you are getting bad pm's from dol moderators for your tone on facebook dol whatever that is . Invite him to come over to the forum he should find plenty of reasons to rant at other people for the disaster changing this has created. I find it sad a mod found time to disparage you for a legitimate complaint as opposed to spending that time fixing problems. You think maybe they are suggesting they can not fix it or they just don't know how ?

Comment

I know all of the DOL facebook Group admin/mods.. there are 4 of us... I can't imagine one of them sending a bad pm to anyone..... doesn't make sense.If anyone does send a bad pm to anyone no matter if member or admin, Debbie should be alerted since she is head admin on the DOL Facebook group..
        Last edited by kahluadanes; 03-14-2017, 06:30 AM.
        sigpic
        Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
        Associate Member GDCNE
        Member GSPCA
        Member NAVHDA

Comment

Im not trying to be mean spirited did I misunderstand the post ?

​​​​​​
          Last edited by Dickie Best; 03-14-2017, 06:49 AM. Reason: Did not like the way I put it . Could have took it I had mean intent.

Comment

there were only two then an it was reported to deb who was takin' time off. dale, before postin' doubts did you actually ask deb? would you like me to post the pms? one of those who was allowed to flame on me is now a fanatic admin. im willin' to post names an content. my ressons for leavin' the group were not arbitrary.

Comment

there were only two then an it was reported to deb who was takin' time off. dale, before postin' doubts did you actually ask deb? would you like me to post the pms? one of those who was allowed to flame on me is now a fanatic admin. im willin' to post names an content. my ressons for leavin' the group were not arbitrary.
              I wasn't doubting you...it just amazed me that is all... I just couldn't imagine one of them doing that, it just blew my mind ......so please don't go getting all riled up..
              Last edited by kahluadanes; 03-17-2017, 02:36 PM.
              sigpic
              Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
              Associate Member GDCNE
              Member GSPCA
              Member NAVHDA

Comment

I was at the vet a few weeks ago with my non-dane dog :-) and in the waiting room was a lady with a horrible looking dane pup. I had seen her breeder magnets on her car in the parking lot so was naturally curious. Her pup looked horrible, swollen feet, rashes everywhere and it had been attacked and beat up on by the people's dogs she had sold it to and had nerve damage in it's neck and shoulder. So she at least took it back and had it at the vet. It looked really pitiful. Then she started telling everyone in the waiting room about all her breeding dogs, her "% euros, rare colors, etc." I felt sick. When I got home I looked her up, naturally. OMG-she was looking for a retirement home for her WHITE dane she could no longer breed, her page was full of poor conformation dogs, she wanted $3500 for a "lilac harlequin", bragged about her dogs carrying chocolate, brindlequin, fawnequin, etc AND she devoted an entire facebook post to bashing "save-a-dog" (rescue) people--like me. Then a week later she messaged my rescue organization, sorry--"save-a-dog" organization--to help her place the dog she had at the vet. Un-freakin-believable.
                I'm on a lot of facebook dog/puppy sites too and just have to stop scrolling for my blood pressure's sake.
                sigpicSharon, wife, mom to two humans, one Boston terrier in training for therapy work, and Max, rescue Dane working through his own issues but definitely worked his way into my heart!

Comment

I joined a local "Great Dane & Playdates" group and it's disgusting. They constantly are advertising BYB. I was appalled because a person joined and had asked for a vet recommendation for her female's spay procedure. Another member immediately said "you should hold off and breed her with my euro stud".

I stay on the page because I give advise to anyone who asks "where can I find puppies in the area" and lead them to reputable breeders or rescues.

No words. Sad to hear it's everywhere.
                  Last edited by Zanth; 03-30-2017, 03:42 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Before I retired as a vet tech a year ago..whenever someone came in with a Dane that they were considering breeding or came in looking for a Dane puppy I was always called on to go "speak to them" to educate them on how to find a responsible breeder or responsible breeding practices etc... I was always respectful and tried my best to educate them, I also kept info on responsible breeding, breed standard, health etc from the GDCNE so I could hand it out to them... some people were very reseptive and appreciative for the help others not so much.... had one particular client that wasn't and bred his 13 month old merle Dane with horrible conformation faults anyway...ended up with a C-section and a litter of 11 pups that had issues.... didn't learn bred her again on next heat...another C-section another large litter lost all but 4 within 3 weeks... of those 4, 2 ended up having seizures before they were 6 months old.. Mom started having seizures and ended up dying before she was 3 and when all was said and done the dad to the litter (which the guy also owned) died young due to genetic defects and all remaining pups also ended up dying by the time they were around a 12 -18 months. It gets frustrating.
                    sigpic
                    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
                    Associate Member GDCNE
                    Member GSPCA
                    Member NAVHDA

Comment

Sorry this happened to you Sam. It shouldn't have. I did take some time off earlier this year due to health issues. Would love to have you back. You knowledge is needed
                      sigpic
                      In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
                      Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Working...
                      X