No announcement yet.

Raw Food Weekly Diet Plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good meal plan. Personally, I'd skip the multi. Vets are always worried about raw not providing enough, but it generally does. You're getting good variety. OTOH, I doubt it could do any harm either.
    sigpic
    Brembo, Puffin, & Rahime

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Comment

my kids are kinda picky, they like chicken, beef, and tripe.

typically they get chicken twice a day as their bone meals, then one meal a day of either beef, or tripe (which is no bone).

i freeze liver in ice cube trays as their "daily vitamin".

they do like pork but wont eat it consistently so i usually sneak it in as a "treat" so it holds its appeal with them.
      sigpic
      -Jamye: wife to Eddy; mom to Windsor (Great Dane), Dyna (Great Dane), Holley (Dsh Cat), Oogis (Maine Coon)

Comment

Originally posted by rahime View Post
        Sounds like a good meal plan. Personally, I'd skip the multi. Vets are always worried about raw not providing enough, but it generally does. You're getting good variety. OTOH, I doubt it could do any harm either.
        Yeah, the vet wanted him taking 2 multi's a day but I dropped it back to just 1 (since I already bought them) but plan on stopping them once this bottle runs out. I don't think he really needs it. We'll keep up with the 3 vit C's while he's growing though.

Last night Duke when Duke went out for his usual 2am pee-break he also had some very runny dark poo. He doesn't usually poo at night, just one break to pee. But we'd had heavy rain all day so he hadn't gone since lunchtime (he's gotten on a 3 poo schedule usually after each meal). I think it was caused by a change in his diet on Monday - Sunday I had noticed his poo was overly chalky/hard (I even saw a piece of turkey bone in it) so I switched his turkey neck for a meal of bomeless pork. He was back to his normal food plan on Tuesday though - although it was a day with kidney & he also had a few small pieces of dried liver treats so maybe that was too much for his tummy?

He seemed to be feeling good this morning.
        sigpic

Duke - mismarked mantle dane, March 14, 2012
        Twitter: @DukeTheDane

Comment

I just remembered something that happened yesterday and might be the culprit...

When I went home at lunch, I walked upstairs to the bathroom and duke followed me up (his first time ever climbing the stairs on his own!!)... I didn't realize he had until I saw him sitting in the bathtub eating a bar of Trader Joe's lemon-verbina soap. I bet that's enough to upset a tummy!!
          sigpic

Duke - mismarked mantle dane, March 14, 2012
          Twitter: @DukeTheDane

Comment

Yep, that'll do it. Could've been the kidney too, but probably the soap.
            sigpic
            Brembo, Puffin, & Rahime

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
            You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
            You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Comment

Hy, Im form Argentina and Im getting home my first Great Dane, its a male from a responsable Spain Breeder.
              They give theirs Dogs Royal Canin Giant, and they have a lot of champions in European shows. That is the food they suggested to continue with.
              My question is: how can I be shure Im givin de correct calcio/phosphoro proportion whith raw food?

Thanks.
              George.

Comment

Working...
              X