Skin rash?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin rash?

Can anyone give me some ideas what this could be? Thanks so much!

Is it just in that spot, or have you noticed it anywhere else on his/her body?
    ~Kelsey, mom to~
    Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
    Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
    Cece- Calico 4 years
    Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
    Tyke- 4 months

Comment

its all on her belly and on the inside of her legs. Vet is stumped too. Vet wants to start her on melatonin to see if it helps, but I'm not sure if it's hair loss or what? Hoping someone else has experienced something similar, next step will be a dermatologist

Comment

My vet recommended melatonin as well for Kumah. She has some thin areas on her sides, inner thighs, and belly, and even baldness on her under chest. It's best to give it at night though because it causes drowsiness. Ask your vet for the correct dosage before giving any, it can be very harmful if overdosed.
        ~Kelsey, mom to~
        Cece- Calico 4 years
        Tyke- 4 months

Comment

Does Kumah's thin areas look like the picture? And what dosage do you give? Our vet told us 8mg every 12 hours. Thanks for your help!

Comment

No, Kumah does not look like your does. Kumah just has a lot of hair thinning. The vet started her on the lowest dose for her weight, so she gets 3 milligrams/dose. She said if I don't see any improvement within a couple weeks to go up to 4 milligrams, but to not exceed 6 milligrams as that would be the highest dose for her weight.
            ~Kelsey, mom to~
            Cece- Calico 4 years
            Tyke- 4 months

Comment

I may just start with 5mg instead of the 8mg.

Comment

Working...
              X