Drooling After Anesthesia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drooling After Anesthesia

My girl is 8 years old. She recently had to go under anesthesia to have a biopsy done on a mass that had grown on her side. It's been approximately 10 days since she went under. She has been under anesthesia four times previously for teeth cleanings and her spay. Never any change in her.

However, this time, she is constantly drooling since the surgery. Way more than normal Dane drool and far more than she has ever drooled before in her life. She is drooling out of her left jowl only.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    sigpic

Maybe something neurological? This is probably a better question for your vet, sorry I can't help much, here!
    -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

The culprit has been found. Somehow she broke her upper left canine tooth. Off to the dog dentist!
      sigpic

Comment

Just had her teeth cleaned last month, too. Darn it!
        sigpic

Comment

Poor girl! That's got to hurt. Glad it's not neurological, though
          sigpicLisa
          Missing Mira (7/15/03-12/17/13)

Comment

Originally posted by brunernt View Post
            My girl is 8 years old. She recently had to go under anesthesia to have a biopsy done on a mass that had grown on her side. It's been approximately 10 days since she went under. She has been under anesthesia four times previously for teeth cleanings and her spay. Never any change in her.

However, this time, she is constantly drooling since the surgery. Way more than normal Dane drool and far more than she has ever drooled before in her life. She is drooling out of her left jowl only.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Turns out the mass on Lucy's side was a rupture from a tumor in her spleen. The tumor ruptured again seven months later and I had to put her down. Lucy was with us for just under 9 years. She was my best friend and my heart is still broken.

I"m not ready for a new dane yet, but someday I will be.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. They leave a big empty space when they leave us
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X