Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Gas!!!!

Hello all-
    I was just wondering if anybody else's dogs have bad gas. I swear we get ran out of the room, some of them are so loud they even startle her. She turns around and looks back like "what was that??" She does it alot. Sometimes they are silent and all of a sudden I'm running for cover! Any suggestions on how to resolve it?
    Tricia

Hi what do you feed her? i have been told forever all dobes do is pass gas i have dobes but not true it is what they eat.

cheryl

Comment

Darwin always had really bad gas before we switched him to his current food. Being on a food that agrees with him has dealt with 90% of the gas. That being said, he can still clear a room when he does pass gas.

I have to admit, it is pretty funny when he lets out a loud one and then gets up barking and chases his tail!

Comment

Capone does the "turn and look" also, it's hilarious. He hardly ever has gas anymore since switching raw, but every once in a while he'll surprise us...
        sigpic
        Jules
        Capone & Sookie

Comment

I feed EVO and mine rarely have gas. Only Isis, and the only time she has it is when she is about to poop and while I am making her wait to eat her food, sure gives me a chuckle. I should also add that when they do pass gas it usually doesn't have an odor. Of course this all goes out the window when they are sick or have eaten something they shouldn't have. My aussiex just got over a bout of flea bite allergy and she had some terrible gas while that was going on, but now that the itching is over and her skin is healing up there is no gas again.
          Michele
          Mom to: Angel huskyx (3/15/2001), Lestat labx (12/1/2001), Mystra beaglex (04/01/2005), Merlin airedale (08/01/2012)
          RIP my loves:
          Isis (dane) (7/1/2005-11/5/2011), Venus (dane) (9/1/02-06/24/13)

Comment

I agree that it could be whatever you're feeding...if it doesn't 'sit well' with your dog, or is too rich, that's one way to tell.

Same thing that happens to people

Cindy
            sigpic

Comment

We feed them Royal Canin large breed adult. They never have diarrhea or act like their stomach is upset or anything. They are same happy-go-lucky dogs. Just "poopers"

Comment

I give my dane 1 tablespoon of live/active culture yogurt on top of his food twice daily. This helps a lot with gas. He use to clear the room, now he rarely passes gas.

gr8danlvr1-- I recently bought EVO no grain dog food. The retailer told me to only feed 4cups of food a day. That is what is on the bag also. I will start mixing it into his food soon. How much do you feed a day? My dane weighs 155#
                sigpic Brenda
                RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
                Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

Originally posted by Gibson'sMom View Post
                  I give my dane 1 tablespoon of live/active culture yogurt on top of his food twice daily. This helps a lot with gas. He use to clear the room, now he rarely passes gas.

gr8danlvr1-- I recently bought EVO no grain dog food. The retailer told me to only feed 4cups of food a day. That is what is on the bag also. I will start mixing it into his food soon. How much do you feed a day? My dane weighs 155#
                  I feed both my girls 3-3 1/2 cups a day. They are 135 and 145 lbs. They have been on a small diet because when I started feeding it I didn't realize just how much less they needed, they were eating 5-5 1/2 cups on the Blue Buffalo. So on diet it was 3 cups and normal it will most likely be 3 1/2. Oh and we feed the red meat, the poultry version has even more calories per cup!!!! I did feel bad at first because they were get so much less to eat, but they soon adjusted and don't seem to notice, I suppose their stomach may have shrunk due to not being as full. Anyway, I absolutely love this food it had done absolutely wonderful things for my dogs and even the picky eater cleans her plate every meal now!!

eta: EVO contains probiotics, so you may find after a while you don't need to add the yogurt anymore. It also contains VitC, VitE, lecithin, fish oil. Really helps to cut down on the amount of supplements you have to give.
                  Last edited by gr8danlvr1; 11-22-2008, 09:36 AM.
                  Michele
                  Mom to: Angel huskyx (3/15/2001), Lestat labx (12/1/2001), Mystra beaglex (04/01/2005), Merlin airedale (08/01/2012)
                  RIP my loves:
                  Isis (dane) (7/1/2005-11/5/2011), Venus (dane) (9/1/02-06/24/13)

Comment

gr8danlvr1-- Thanks so much for the info! I was concerned about dropping to 4 cups of food a day. The retailer told me it is a better quality food with less carbohydrates & actual meat instead of byproducts, so he would eat less. He gets 8 to 9 cups now of Royal Canin Potato & venison. I had trouble finding a good food he was'nt allergic to. I hope it works for him. Thanks for the heads up on the probiotics also. I did'nt know that.
                    sigpic Brenda
                    RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
                    Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

Hello Gibson'sMom-
                      I was just reading your post and you said you are feeding Royal Canin potato and venison. It is working well? I feed my danes Royal Canin large breed adult (maxi) They were on numerous different premium foods and they all gave them diarrhea. Now that they are on this food they no longer have diarrhea. They do have bad gas though. I was wondering if the potato and venison would be different.
                      Tricia

Comment

Hi Tricia
                        The RC pot/ven was working ok. He still has gas unless I give him yogurt. I decided to try switching him to EVO recently. It looks like a better quality food & I will feed 4 cups a day instead of 8 cups a day. Hopefully it works out.
                        sigpic Brenda
                        RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
                        Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

Working...
                        X