Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Charlene View Post

    i'm holding pacman hostage!!!!!
    I thought maybe one of you wiley wascals had him ! ​​​

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by jrturk View Post
      How are you getting your screen grabs to be visible?! Mine are tiny like:
      I host them on photobucket and then link to them with IMG tags.
      ~ Lisa
      If you are a lurker on this site for more than a day you should have already read the links on the sidebar about how to buy a purebred puppy. If you still buy from a byb please expect to get "schooled" on why that is a horrible decision and how you have contributed to the destruction of the breed we all love so much.

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #63
        Holy moly guacamole, I found the archives!!! (Kind of )
        I went to "advanced search" in the box underneath the word "tags" you can type a word for something specific you are looking for. For me, a variation of the word popped up as I was typing it so I clicked it. There is even a clicky option underneath the box for "popular tags" which has quite a few of the main topics that have been discussed on the forum. I then went to the drop down that says "sources" to pick the one I wanted to search within. Clicked search and walla! There they were, I haven't tried using full sentences but it's a start till we can all get this thing figured out.
        ~Kelsey, mom to~
        Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
        Nala-fawn Great Dane 22 months
        Cece- Calico 4 years
        Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years

        Comment


        • #64
          I think your on to something.

          Comment


          • #65
            Well i was there one time I think what I had went back one year maybe. I tried to use the calender and go back a few and got red flags again same old your search criteria maybe to broad try using something less restrictive bla bla bla . So I punched in what I had before that only went back as far as it did before. I don' t know this just don't make sense some people getting options and some are not . You get a tab for new post you use it you get a red flag . You get a page that seems to maybe to want to lead you to archives and you get a calender that seems to want to take you where you want to go you use it one time and it will take you back one year. But to use the same search again then you get a red flag. One has a like button and twenty don' t . And the worst part is they are holding Pacman hostage and feeding him grass till somebody figures this all out. If it can be figured out . Bla I said I was not going to say anymore . Thought I seen a ray of hope. Looks like who ever sold this thing ought to come in and make this place operable . Looks like somebody took the money and run.

            Comment


            • #66
              I meant to say when I used the same search that called up a limited time frame I could no longer get back to that one spot . Red flag and search criteria to broad bla bla bla. Charlene are you still holding Pacman hostage ??

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Kumah View Post
                Holy moly guacamole, I found the archives!!! (Kind of )
                I went to "advanced search" in the box underneath the word "tags" you can type a word for something specific you are looking for. For me, a variation of the word popped up as I was typing it so I clicked it. There is even a clicky option underneath the box for "popular tags" which has quite a few of the main topics that have been discussed on the forum. I then went to the drop down that says "sources" to pick the one I wanted to search within. Clicked search and walla! There they were, I haven't tried using full sentences but it's a start till we can all get this thing figured out.
                I gave this a test run - and yes, it does pull up some of the old threads, it's only if those posts/threads were actually tagged. The old way of searching was by keywords (in subject, message body, etc) and not tags. I never tag my posts It's definitely something - but still a long ways to go. And I totally don't have the 'like' button.. I did figure out the quote thing (it magically showed up)

                Comment


                • #68
                  I've been using google to search DOL while the search here has been down... if you type in 'site:danesonline.com/forums best bed' for example, it'll search for 'best bed' within the forums. It's actually pretty accurate
                  Finn - DOB 9/21/2016
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I find it weird that when you click on the "latest activity" tab, it shows you threads in the order that they were created, not based on when the latest responses are. So I had to scroll past like 5 threads that haven't been updated but are "newer" than this one, even though this one has much fresher responses. I can only tell that this one has new replies by looking at it by seeing the number of posts, but I won't be able to memorize how many posts each thread has had forever LOL. A reply on a thread, even an older thread-- even on a really old thread--- should bump it to the top.
                    sigpic

                    Peach, merle Great Dane
                    Born July 7 2014
                    Peach & Emily!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by kcarpent View Post
                      I've been using google to search DOL while the search here has been down... if you type in 'site:danesonline.com/forums best bed' for example, it'll search for 'best bed' within the forums. It's actually pretty accurate
                      I've got farther here than any other way so far. What is a tagged post or thread ?

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Loki Love View Post

                        I gave this a test run - and yes, it does pull up some of the old threads, it's only if those posts/threads were actually tagged. The old way of searching was by keywords (in subject, message body, etc) and not tags. I never tag my posts It's definitely something - but still a long ways to go. And I totally don't have the 'like' button.. I did figure out the quote thing (it magically showed up)
                        I knew you once said you could not quote . Is that not the strangest thing ? I mean I never doubted you but one day it just shows up. Its like the like button only I think but a couple have it . I know I don't. Its just like the edit button I didn't have it one day and one day it just shows up . This just doesn't make sense.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I think found the like button. You got to go over on facebook to see it.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Well, that just stinks! I've been resisting joining Facebook for years, but it seems the world is conspiring to force me into it. Now even DOL!
                            sigpicLisa
                            Missing Mira (7/15/03-12/17/13)

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by kahluadanes View Post

                              On the bottom of the post in the right hand corner.. there is quote, flag and like and on your own post you also have edit. On the reply box in the upper left there is a picture of a camera & a picture of a link so you can add pictures & links on the upper right hand there is a box you can click to add an attachment and a box with a smiley to add emojis.
                              Boo. I don't have that option.
                              sigpic
                              Fergus
                              SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
                              Eisen Shark
                              C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by emeko View Post
                                I find it weird that when you click on the "latest activity" tab, it shows you threads in the order that they were created, not based on when the latest responses are. So I had to scroll past like 5 threads that haven't been updated but are "newer" than this one, even though this one has much fresher responses. I can only tell that this one has new replies by looking at it by seeing the number of posts, but I won't be able to memorize how many posts each thread has had forever LOL. A reply on a thread, even an older thread-- even on a really old thread--- should bump it to the top.
                                When you click the "view all" there's an option to order by most recent update. Dunno if that just showed up, or I just found it lol.
                                sigpic
                                Fergus
                                SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
                                Eisen Shark
                                C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X