Is it just me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me?

I absolutely HATE the new forum. It's clunky, hard to follow and find stuff and everything is so small and hidden. The charm of seeing pictures, signatures and whatnot is also gone. Out of the many forums I follow for different topics, this one is currently the one I love the most, but visit the least since the changes. It's just awkward to use and I can't seem to follow a thread. SMH

Happy to donate money to put it BACK to the way it was!!! Am I alone in this thought? Or .... can you not find this post either? HAHA
    sigpic

I very much preferred how it was before. Honestly, I didn't think it needed "fixing" imo. This isn't any better, and now we don't have some of the options that we all so much enjoyed. I'd gladly contribute to a fund to put it back the way it was.
    ~Kelsey, mom to~
    Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
    Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
    Cece- Calico 4 years
    Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
    Tyke- 4 months

Comment

In the How big is your puppy thread today, was an actual viewable picture. I wonder how that person did it? I really enjoy looking at the pictures.

Comment

Not a fan, either. I'm hoping it just means they are working out kinks, etc. But last I checked the search function wasn't even working, which is pretty major IMO...
        -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

Agree...the other webpage was quick & efficient. this is not. I am visiting less...too much trouble. bring it back!!!
          sigpic
          Athena

Comment

Yup, not a fan either. Now I visit maybe 1-2X a week, max because it's annoying.
            sigpic
            Fergus
            SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
            Eisen Shark
            C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Absolutely not a fan either, and I also find myself not visiting as much either. I wasn't that excited about the new site because I don't really use it, but I did visit the forum frequently, and now it sucks. There's literally nothing I like better about the new forum than the old one. I didn't donate to update the DOL site (and glad I didn't), but I'd also fork over some cash to put the forum back the way it was!
              sigpic
              Chaucey
              Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

The most frustrating thing for me is that these fixes could probably be done quickly in a config somewhere for the forum. I bet it's a single field for increasing the maximum resolution or size of an uploaded picture. And for signatures... I had to go into my user settings and manually re-enable signatures to be shown. Unfortunately if you uploaded pictures through the old forum they are all lost and only text shows up.

There are ways to fix this. Even the broken URLs should be able to get repaired... I know the site admins are probably busy but fixing the forum should be a top priority, it has so much useful information but its useless if new users cant find it.

I had a 'full size' image in my post earlier today because I uploaded the picture using imgur.com and linked it to my post. The same tiny image problem occurs if I try to upload using the forums.
                Finn - DOB 9/21/2016
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angel7292 View Post
                  I absolutely HATE the new forum. It's clunky, hard to follow and find stuff and everything is so small and hidden. The charm of seeing pictures, signatures and whatnot is also gone. Out of the many forums I follow for different topics, this one is currently the one I love the most, but visit the least since the changes. It's just awkward to use and I can't seem to follow a thread. SMH

Happy to donate money to put it BACK to the way it was!!! Am I alone in this thought? Or .... can you not find this post either? HAHA
                  I would "LIKE" or "THANK" you for this post if it were an option!

Sara-- Moose's Mom

Comment

You are not alone .

Comment

Let me point you to another thread....
                      http://danesonline.com/forums/forum/...orum-is-jacked

~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Originally posted by SaraJewel03 View Post

I would "LIKE" or "THANK" you for this post if it were an option!
                        Thing is, there has to be an option for liking something somewhere because on sub forums it says "0 likes" in the statistics column.
                        ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

I see I have notifications now in the top right corner. That helps to see posts I'm involved in (and I went to my user settings and checked everything under notifications) but it still doesn't show me ALL NEW POSTS and/or replies I haven't read. I want to see those each time I come here.
                          Tracy
                          sigpic
                          Mouse April 2010
                          Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Im going to say this again . One of the most valuable asset of the old forum was the archives. Everything you ever questioned in regards to great danes was in those archives . You could nearly spend a life time going through those and never have to make a post. Because all the answers WAS there . Its gone no more nana as I see it . Worst mistake ever was made after losing those. I did not donate either for fear of just exactly what has happened here. I worked for the railroad for forty years and belonged to a union that had a website also . I was also one of the moderators of that website. And I know it is a thankless job . A lot of people end up hating you. The foremat to the original union website was near as perfect as one could get. But everybody went to crying wanting more they wanted this they wanted that . And you set back and realize what everybody wanted was impossible but you could not tell the membership that because they thought they knew better than any mod. So as a mod you give into the request of the membership because they are demanding change . And then you give into their request because you are tired of hearing all the shit im sorry for the expletive but im not exaggerating. But yet this has been my own experience trying to mod a forum they wanted change they got it and you know they are not going to like it but there is nothing else you can do. Then it what happened this what happened to that its a mess now and its all your fault. It destroyed the union from within. The website is no more . Im sorry if I have offended anybody . But I will speak no more about this I feel like a resounding gong and I would get sick of hearing it if it was all on me.

Comment

I'm disappointed with the new forum I guess I figured a good chunk of the money donated would have gone to the forum - but it honestly looks (and feels) like the forum was an after-thought, whereas in my opinion - the forum is the very heart of DOL and is what made the site what it was. Maybe all the money went to pretty up the main site and we were left with the scraps.

Comment

Working...
                              X