No announcement yet.

The Surgery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goo is playing hockey!!! That is a miracle in itself. I'm so happy he is having fun again and that you were able to give him this opportunity.
    YEA for GooBoy
    sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

• keeping you and goofus in my thoughts!

Comment

• Wow what a lucky guy!!He looks great.

Comment

• New Year's Day and the Goo is right as rain.

He continues to improve as can be seen on the video (sorry about the wind noise)

What might be hard to see in the pix is the fact that the muscle wasting in his shoulders and hips has reversed and he has been packing on the weight and improving the tone of his muscles.

For all of you good folks that have Wobblers Dogs, at least have them evaluated. Don't wait.
          If the disease goes to far than it's almost impossible to reverse.
          Once spinal nerves are dead, thats it!

Regards,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRQYVOOHe2M"]YouTube - Goo Goo's New Year.MP4[/ame]

Comment

• Wow, he looks amazing! Love seeing the videos of his progress. Glad to hear he is doing so well.
            sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

• goofus started my new year out just right! How inspiring he is! He does everything with such endearing zest! It is also encouraging to know Wobbler's treatments are opening up, a definate educational thread. I have to be bold to ask you an approximate cost for these surgeries. Hopefully with these success stories the surgeries will become more commonplace and accessible to more dane owners. I am truly happy for him and you , he is just awesome!!!
              sigpic
              Myboy RIP at 2 1/2 product of BYB

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words,
                You hit the nail on the head. It might be expensive to repair but in many cases it's repairable, hence the thread.
                We have a total of around 8K and change in both surgeries.

Not something that will fit everyones budget but it is available.

Here's where a good insurance policy for your dogs health would pay for itself.
                For Goofus, it was his luck to get me to pick him up for a cuddle at the
                puppy place.

Comment

• Goofus always makes me smile! Thank you for keeping us all updated on his progress. It is amazing how far he has come. Do you have any video of him prior to surgery? It would be really neat to compare side by side.
                  sigpic Brenda
                  RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
                  Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

• What a way to start off the New Year. Keep going forward. Goofus, you, and your family are truly inspirational. Thank you for this thread.

(I see in the video your dogs love to play with the water hose so much so you had to put it behind a cage).

Comment

• It's always great to hear a success story.. continued good health and healing for Goofus. Like you said, it's the right way to start the new year off!

Comment

• Dogtag:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD! I cannot tell you how helpful it has been. I just found it today, and I read from beginning to end (and shedding a few tears, both sad, and happy)

We are concerned that our dog, Dexter has Wobblers and I have a vet appt on Monday to have him evaluated. The first thing I noticed when I saw your early videos was that Dexter walked muck like Goo -- right side, left side. My two other danes do not walk like this. DO YOU KNOW IF THIS IS A SIGN OF WOBBLERS? (I have researched and found nothing!) Your latest videos have Goo walking like a normal pooch (YIPPEE!)

Dexter is a little unsure of his footing too at times. He has gone from a dog that runs the yard when we got him to a dog that now stands and watches the other dogs play.

I am very inspired by your story, and now have a little hope too. Anyone with additional advice on Wobblers, feel free to PM me.

Thank you again for posting the videos and all the story updates. Again, the DOL family has come through!

Keep up the good work Goofus, you are loved beyond imagine!!!
                        sigpic
                        Jen,
                        Mom to:
                        Dexter (Dane 2 yrs)
                        Scout (Dane 7 yrs) Horatio (Dane 7 yrs) Ming (Chow 14 yrs) Obi Wan (Pit 3 yrs) Kaya (Pit 3 yrs) . . .and wife to Matt!
                        Waiting at the Bridge:
                        Timberlynd, Duke, Goliath, & Porsche(3/15/11)

Comment

• I'm glad to see him improving. Your posts were an inspiration to us when our Jack was diagnosed with wobblers. I second your statement about getting them checked out as soon as you suspect wobblers, our tests were expensive but at least we knew what we were up against. Good luck to Goofus in 2011.
                          sigpic
                          Buster

RIP Jack Diesel Caliber and Bubbles. Mommy misses you guys every day!

Comment

• Here is a early vid just before he got his first surgery.
                            He was actually worse than this before and couldn't even walk.
                            The wife put him on a steroid cocktail which improved him a bit to
                            what you see in this vid.
                            Pretty much can't tell where his rear end is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZPAi...embedded#at=16

Comment

• Thanks for reposting the video. It is incredible how far he has come!
                              sigpic Brenda
                              RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
                              Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

• Thanks for the great update. His running around makes my heart happy.

Dee

And his hair is growing back.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X