Senior Boy needs Adopted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Boy needs Adopted

New foster boy came today. Breaks my heart. He's a 7 year old sweetheart! His owner lost her home and had to get rid of her 10 dogs. He's supposedly good with other dogs. I briefly introduced my littles and he wasn't certain, but he's been through a lot the past few days and is still stressed and sad. He is good with kids though. He is a tad overweight, little stiff in the back, but moves well still. He was definitely not the most well cared for earlier on, so I'm anticipating improvement with better food and supplements. He is neutered, shots current, HW-, and overall healthy. He does have a fatty lipoma on his chest that's approx the size of a softball. It does not restrict movement or cause pain/discomfort. I'm hoping there's a special family that will adopt him. The adoption is through a licensed, non profit rescue, but they are NOT asking a set adoption since he is a senior. There is still plenty of screening though. They are just asking for a donation to the rescue at the adopter's discretion. He is located in Topeka, Ks. A transport train could be set up, but given his age would not be a good idea due to stress.
    Attached Files
    ~ Erin ~
    "People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe." - Simon Sinek
    sigpic

This brought tears to my eyes. He looks just like my black boy I lost last year (large fatty lipoma on his chest as well!)

Oh how I hope he finds a wonderful home..... I have a soft spot for seniors!

Comment

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and spill the beans...tucker's mom has decided that rocky, a/k/a rockstar, is a foster failure. he's gonna be saying with them.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Lucky senior! !!!! Thanks for adopting him
        sigpic

Comment

That's wonderful news! We need a Rockin' Pupdate!!!
          sigpic

Comment

erin has been posting videos of rocky on facebook. she started him on pure MSM a few weeks ago and the difference is astounding! for the life of me, i cannot tell him and tucker apart! he runs and plays like a pup!!
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Rocky Update

We have had Rocky for about 6 months now!! Time flies so fast!!! I called the shelter where he was owner-surrendered to because I wanted to see if they had any more information on him. I figured owner might have mentioned an age or birth date maybe. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The intake lady remembered him coming in (due to the tumor) and remembers the owners words very clearly..."I have 10 dogs. Have to move out of my house and can't afford them. He has this tumor, but I don't have the money to take him to the Vet. Probably just needs to be put down anyway." And that was it. I just can't fathom how someone could do that. He is so full of life and so very loving!

Here's what we found out: He is a slightly picky eater, but we've settled for Canidae, warm water, and Primal freeze dried nuggets (all flavors). We add canned food every so often also. We still do the therapeutic level of MSM every night..so about 3000mg. It was done wonders for his hips. It's really starting to get cold here, and I haven't noticed an increase in stiffness yet. Fingers crossed!

Obedience wise, he knows absolutely nothing. I am normally very strict on obedience with my crew (and fosters), but Rocky gets away with everything. I'm such a sucker!

We had bloodwork done at my Vet to get an overall idea of what's going on. I wanted to avoid any surprises. We had a 12 point panel done and all is in the normal range...so his kidneys and liver are working well, tumor is just fatty lipoma, heart and lungs sound good.

He REFUSES to go into the bathroom..doesn't matter what we do or try. So he went to this super behavior savvy doggy daycare place in town for his spa appointment. The groomer was amazing, and I am so very thankful for them! Rocky has very little confidence outside the house and around people he doesn't know. Lots of anxious behavior..shaking, big eyes, stiff body posturing, tail tucked, head lowered. His preference is avoidance, but he seems receptive to positive reinforcement. I worry about bloat since he stresses easily, but a pexy at his age would be really hard on him.
              Attached Files
              ~ Erin ~
              "People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe." - Simon Sinek
              sigpic

Comment

this has to be one of my favorite foster fail stories!!

erin, olivia has also been on pure msm and it has done wonders for her!
                [SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                X